The Gartmore Farm is located within the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands.
The property known as Gartmore Farm comprises three Sub-sections of the original property Welgevonden 969.
William Neil MacGillivray (Dad) purchased Subs 9 and 11 of Welgevonden 969 in December 1959, from Graham MacKeurtan. Sub 6 of Welgevonden was purchased in 1962 and was a logical addition to the other two subs, as it adjoined them. This addition brought the farm's extent to 430 Ha.